New Mexico Surveillance Training Course - Continuing Education (16 hrs)
The New Mexico CE Surveillance Course is now registered as a Continuing Education course. It has a Texas School Number: Y04175701. It will count as 16 hours (14 hours content, 2 hours ethics) toward the 4 required by New Mexico when renewing your PI Registration.
This class was created for those who wish to break into the Private Investigation field, but have no Surveillance experience. Without a basic foundation in Surveillance, it can seem impossible to get hired in Texas (and probably other states as well), since most new investigators do mainly Surveillance.
Once you have a good foundation and basic skills, you stand a much better chance of getting hired on with Investigative Agencies.
Not only will you have the basic skills to begin work, but you will also have an understanding of PI employer/employee relations, Private Investigator ethics, and much more
Although this course was written for Texas, the basic Surveillance skills should apply anywhere. Remember, you should contact your own licensing agency in your state to make sure you are operating legally.
This format consists of:
300+ Training Slides
9+ Hours of Audio Narration
Over 30 Static/Mobile Surveillance Video Clips
PDF Copy of the Course Slides (no audio/video)
PDF Helpful Documents
Certificate of Completion
30 Days to Complete
Complete the course at your own rate. Work for 30 minutes or 30 hours, it's up to you. You can advance the slides when you are comfortable you've learned the material.
FAQ’S Regarding Continuing Education for New Mexico Private Investigators
Private investigators must complete a minimum of four (4) hours of continuing education training from an approved source, during the renewal period to maintain their license.
184.108.40.206 CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- Continuing education is required for renewal of an individual license and registration.
- Private investigators must complete a minimum of four (4) hours of continuing education training from an approved source, during the renewal period to maintain their license.
- Security guards must complete a minimum of four (4) hours of continuing education training from an approved source, during the renewal period to maintain their license.
- Polygraph licensees must complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of continuing education training from an approved source, during the renewal period to maintain their license.
- Proof of participation in or presentation of continuing education activity must be submitted with the license renewal request if the licensee is audited.
- All continuing education hours must be earned during the current one (1) year renewal period of July 1 thru June 30; no carryover will be permitted.
- Firearms requalification courses will not count towards mandatory training.
- Approved sources for continuing education are:
(1) college level courses;
(2) in-house training provided by a private patrol company licensed by the department;
(3) the New Mexico law enforcement academy; or
(4) any other department-approved educational institution.
- One hour of continuing education credit will be granted for each hour attended in a topic which directly relates to the performance of duties under the respective license. College level courses will be granted fifteen (15) hours of continuing education credit for each successfully completed college credit.
- Completion of training courses required for initial licensing will satisfy the continuing education requirements for the first licensing period of an initial license.
- No license or registration shall be renewed without proof of required continuing education credits.
[220.127.116.11 NMAC – N, 09/24/08]
Introduction to Private Investigator Employment
*** What to Expect as a New Private Investigator
*** Can You Open Your Own Company?
*** Types of Private Investigators
Basics of Surveillance
*** Why use surveillance?
*** Types of cases
*** Before Taking the Case
*** Pre-Surveillance Client Interview
*** Pre-Surveillance Planning
*** Nature of Surveillance & Investigations
*** Single Vehicle Mobile Surveillance
*** Linear Following
*** Segmented Following
*** During Surveillance…
*** Foot Surveillance
*** Sample Mobile Video Clips
*** Static Surveillance
*** Hiding in the Vehicle
*** Dealing With Law Enforcement
*** Murphy’s Law
*** Getting Burned
*** Surveillance Equipment
*** Types of Surveillance Vehicles
*** Inside the Surveillance Vehicle
*** Surveillance Reports
*** Surveillance Forms and Contracts
*** Surveillance Requirements Expected of Employees
Employer or Employee: Which Are You?
*** Difference Between
*** What Employers Want From an Employee
*** What to Expect as an Employee
*** Pros/Cons of Employees: Owner’s Perspective
*** What are Investigator Ethics
*** Consequences of Unethical Behavior
*** Content Test Questions (35)
*** Ethics Questions (15)